Friday, July 14, 2017

How to Make Your Plans Succeed

I heard our karate instructor, Rudy Smedley, say, "You have to have desire, will and motivation." This has a great application not only in Martial Arts, but also in life. I thought about that and pondered all the possibilities. I looked at it this way: My desire is my calling. My will is my plan. My motivation is my why.

1. Do I have desire (calling) but no motivation (why)?
2. Do I have motivation (why), but don't know my desire (calling)?
3. Do I have a will (plan), but no motivation (why)?
4. Do I have motivation, (why), but no will (plan)?
5. Do I have will (plan), but don't know my desire (calling)?
6. Do I have desire (calling), but no will (plan)?

I challenge YOU to rewrite these each statement with your calling, your why and your plan. It just might be what you need to jumpstart action in your life!

Ex. My calling/passion is to help struggling women because I see so much hurt, hiding, fear and guilt behind those eyes and in those actions and non-actions.

Ex. I want to help women Understand, Accept and Share their stories to heal and help others heal in similar situations because it is just natural for me. (I've been projecting this personality my whole life and could see that when I did my own Life Puzzle.)

Ex. I have a plan that involves allowing others to help me where I am weak so I can focus on what my calling/passion is because focusing on what is NOT my strengths just wastes my time and by allowing someone to help me blesses them and allows them to use their talent. Isn't that what Jesus talked about when he described the members of the church? Yes.

Let me hear your calling, plan and why! And remember,  Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."




















No comments:

So glad you found me!  Steeped In Purpose has moved to a better location to serve you! www.steepedinpurpose.net You can still find great...