Thursday, February 11, 2010

MoW Post about being a False Teacher through Actions

Periodically, I will have more to say on a subject and post in the middle of the week. Thus, my middle of the week post is called 'MoW Post.' It also sounds a lot like 'more post' and that fits, too.



Read Titus 1:10-16 again



I thought about examining myself to see if there was anything false in me (1 Corinthians

13:5-9). I want to follow the will of God as closely as I can because I never know who is watching. I began to think how I act in traffic. I thought about how I act in the grocery store. I thought about how I act in a restaurant when my order comes out wrong. I thought about how I act when a friend disappoints me. I don't want my actions to be contrary to what I profess to believe in. That's called hypocrisy, I believe.




I read a devo I want to share with you about this subject. It is written by Kristi Buttles. She wrote, "If the person you talked with today visits your church this Sunday for the first time... could you interact with him or her at that time in a way that is consistent with your behavior [before]? Or, will a double-standard attitude compromise Christ's integrity and yours as well ?"




Well said, Kristi! Will my actions in everyday life affirm my love for Christ and his reign in my life? Or are my actions in everyday life contrary to what I profess to believe in?


When we examine ourselves we need to look at our heart. "For our of the overflow of his heart..." you will think, speak and act. What attitudes are in your heart? If they are bitter, resentful, judgemental or timid, these are false attitudes you will act upon for others to see. We need to study truth like sweetness, gratitude, mercy, and boldness. These attitudes need to be filling up our heart so we will act on them thus, showing truth to others.


My heart is a chamber that holds my innermost thoughts and beliefs. If I am acting contrary in any way, my heart is in need of a bypass. I need to reroute my spiritual attitude around my sinful blockages.


We all have false attitudes and belief. We are still in the flesh. The goal is to purify ourselves daily and become a new person, more holy than the day before. I challenge you to find your blockages and use the Word to reroute spiritual attitude. We do not want to appear false by our actions, but we want truth to ooze from our pores.



One of my husband's favorite sayings: Teach the truth and whenever necessary, use words.


Further Study:

1 Corinthians 3:12-15

Romans 12:1-2

Imitate God's holiness Ephesians 4:17-5:21

No comments:

So glad you found me!  Steeped In Purpose has moved to a better location to serve you! www.steepedinpurpose.net You can still find great...