Thursday, May 3, 2012

Where Do You Place Your Desire?

Read Colossians 3:1-4
Title in NIV: Have heavenly thoughts and desires.

The topic this seek is desire. When you decide to follow Jesus you should make a daily effort to change your mind and heart from things of this world to things above. Verse 3 says you die (to self) and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

But what if you don’t put your desire on things above? The people who pulled you down before, will pull you down again. If you truly want to change your heart and mind, change relationships. Books/magazines/t.v. programs that took your mind to wicked places before will take it there again. If you truly want to change your heart and mind, replace media with bible study. Change your habits. Replace the worldly stuff with the heavenly stuff.

How? Put others first. Forgive. Buy a stranger a meal. Pray with a friend. Send a card. Get involved at church and use your talents. Do a bible study. Surround yourself with Christians. Share Jesus. I think of Philippians 4:8-9: “whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.”

Want peace? Put His word into practice.

My silly example: When I see a blue beer box on the side of the road and I don’t pick it up, I don’t have peace all day long. I can just hear God saying, “Choose wisely and have peace. Make time to clean up someone elses irrisponsibility. I've had enough of the worlds filth...help clean it up. And by the way, share Jesus and help clean up some souls, too. You have been responsible with a little (beer box) now be responsible with much (souls)--God. ” (This is a test...this is only a test of the EBS: Eternity Beckkoning Sister.) I'm giggling right now...hope you are too!

No comments:

So glad you found me!  Steeped In Purpose has moved to a better location to serve you! www.steepedinpurpose.net You can still find great...