Thursday, May 31, 2012

God Can Use You!

This is my last post for Colossians. Any suggestions for the next book??

Read Colossians 4:7-18

What struck me the most was how fondly Paul spoke of his fellow brothers in Christ.
1)Tychicus is described as a dear brother, a faithful minister, a fellow servant in the Lord. He encourages hearts. Can anyone say that about you?

2)Onesimus is a faithful dear brother

3)Aristarchus, Mark and Justus are fellow workers for the kingdom of God and a comfort to Paul. Are you a worker for the kingdom of God and a comfort to others?

4)Epaphras is a servant of Christ Jesus and my personal favorite because Paul describes his as always wrestling in prayer for others. He prays they stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured. I need to wrestle in prayer more for those I love more than I need to wrestle my tongue at them.

Verse 17 is a good way to wrap up Colossians. See to it that you complete the work you have received in the Lord. What category do you find yourself in?
1) I don’t know what work to do.
2)God would not use me.
3)I don’t know enough about the bible.
4)I’m scared someone will reject me or hurt my feelings.
5)I look for opportunities to do God’s work all the time.
6) I pray often for God to send me opportunities.
7)God can use the mess I have made to bless others.

Mark 19:26 With God all things are possible.
Luke 1:37 Nothing is impossible with God.
2 Timothy 1:7 God did not give us a spirit of timidity

No comments:

So glad you found me!  Steeped In Purpose has moved to a better location to serve you! www.steepedinpurpose.net You can still find great...