I love the holiday season because people volunteer more and give money and time more than any other time of the year. People give to perfect strangers. I know some who attribute reconciling with the holidays. But, I also know people are as happy as they want to be and it mostly depends on what is focused on.
I love the special food we make for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is the only time I have my grandmother’s broccoli and rice casserole. It is the only time I get pumpkin pie. It is the only time of year I get to share all the goodies with family. Hot chocolate tastes better in the cold weather of the season.
- Write Christmas cards with a personal note in each to family. Cards are better than emails or texts, trust me.
- Put aside work and count your blessings. If you are not a blessing to others, think about Why Not?
- Go to a Christmas concert or tree lighting or Fall Festival.
- Watch the awe on children’s faces.
- Make an old dish you remember only during the holidays.
- Remember the wonder you once had.