Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Waiting Is Not So Bad; Think of the Benefits

Steeped In Purpose, LLC 
SIP Coaching 

Erin E. McEndree, PCLPC
www.steepedinpurpose.com







The Waiting Game

I don’t want women to wait until they are 40ish like me, or after, to find their purpose, however, we also can not rush God’s work. The shaping and molding of our lives cannot be rushed or uncompleted. There is knowledge I would have never acquired if I had sped up God’s process or always made the correct decision, for that matter. There is a lot of wisdom to be found in the wrong choice.

 If you could pick out certain things in your past to pluck out of your life, would you? Most of us would say yes. But think of the knowledge you would NOT have if you discarded those situations. For example, if I had not had so much trouble in school growing up, I might not have my ‘I can do it’ attitude. What difficult situation can you think of that developed part of your character?

Moses was not ready before his first 40 years. He needed to learn the ways of Egypt. Acts 7:22 says, “Moses was educated in all the wisdom of the Egyptians and was powerful in speech and action.” (I think it is beneficial to learn about other religions, other cultures, other traditions, other lifestyles and other political preferences to be able to respond with the knowledge of God and grace  and always keeping in mind everyone, EVERYONE is a child of God and he wants no one to perish. But that is a topic of another day.) 

Moses was not ready before the next 40 years either. He needed to learn something in Midian and Egypt needed to forget him. In Exodus 4:19, God tells Moses, “Go back to Egypt, for all those who want to kill you are dead.” 

Whatever you are going through, God is cooking. He is the chef. If you are served up before the correct time, you will be unprepared and ill equipped for what God has planned for you. Jeremiah 29:11 says He knows the plans for us, but have you looked at the verse right before that? Verse 10 starts out with, “When 70 years are completed…”

Don’t take matters into your own hands like Sarah. Do you realize some of the Arab nation can be traced to Ishmael, Hagar’s son bore to Abraham at the pressuring of Sarah who did things her way. I find it interesting that Ishmael had 12 sons, Genesis 17:20 and those 12 married, had children and made up12 tribe. nabatacan.net give the history of each tribe. (Again, maybe something for another study,)


Be in the presence of the Lord like Mary at Jesus’ feet. Inquire of the Lord in all things. Be patient—yes that horrid little word we hate. Practice what the Lord is showing you as you spend time with him. Be ready to apply your knowledge, even if it came from the school of hard knocks, in every situation. Do not run ahead of God. There are no footprints up ahead to show you the way. Keep in step with the Spirit, Galatians 5:25

2 comments:

Loree said...

WOW I needed this. Sometimes I wonder if I have done the right thing going back to school. Maybe I am not doing what God wants for me. maybe that is why I am having all of the problems getting my student aide right now. I am however really craving time in the word. So much more than I am wanting to study for school.

Erin E. McEndree said...

Loree, I hope talking the other day put your 'what-ifs' to rest! You are following God's path for your life!

So glad you found me!  Steeped In Purpose has moved to a better location to serve you! www.steepedinpurpose.net You can still find great...