Saturday, June 6, 2015

Just Sit in Nature and Take It All In

I’m eating my granola on the front porch. (Yikes! I promised myself I would never post about what I am eating…but I have a point to make) My point is: Do you ever pause, sit quietly in nature with no cell phones, no distractions and just be? The birds are singing melodies back and forth to one another. The breeze is blowing across the porch. An occasional car drives by and I scrutinize if they are going  to stop at our stop sign or run it mercilessly. Cottonwood puffs are riding the gently wind right in front of me, so close I could reach out and catch them. Wasps are making a nest in my lantern (I’ve got to take care of that!) And, now that I have noticed, more wasp are above my head under the porch and close by is a large  black widow spider ‘resting’. Sorry for you spicy-lovers, but she has to go!!

How often do you just sit? How often do you just listen and look and observe nature rather than technology? I admit, I don’t do it often enough, but sitting here right now reminds me how much I miss it. Since my kids have been home from school, we have enjoyed watching murder mysteries together every day. The TV is rarely on during the school year…we just don’t have time after sports and homework.

This is a perfect time to engage with the Lord. I’m thinking of my best friend’s dad who only has hours to go before he meets the Lord personally. It is D-Day, June 6th and I have thought about those men who stormed the shores. My parents are at a family reunion, but we are so busy, we could not go. Busy…that is the story of our lives. But, just like Joyce Meyers asked this morning, “Who makes your schedule?” Yep…I do! You do! And sitting here makes me aware of how overwhelmed I make myself.

This is a time to refocus, recharge, regroup and tackle the day asking the Lord to be in every moment I spend with my kids, my husband, my family and friends. 

Take a moment out of your day to breath it in and let me know how the Lord spoke to you today! You will be amazed at what He says!


Blessings! 

No comments:

So glad you found me!  Steeped In Purpose has moved to a better location to serve you! www.steepedinpurpose.net You can still find great...