Thursday, March 13, 2014

Woes in Matthew (part 7) Is FB Your Whitewashed Tomb?

Matthew 23:27-28
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

This week and last week's woes are similar, but I think this week adds a layer. Both warn us that the inside is very important and that the outside will show what your inside seep out. However, this week, the woe goes a little deeper and speaks of an intention to fool others, to be deceptive and manipulate what others see.

Not to bore you with what I wrote last week about how your deeds, actions and reactions shows what is in your heart, I will pose a thought for you to ponder: Are you the same on social media as you appear to be in real life?

If I met you and spent time with you and then ventured on your FB page, would I see the same virtues that you showed me while we visited?

I pray that when I am visiting, I speak of God and in some way let you know how important He is in my life. I also share scripture on FB. My point is this: I do not want people to be shocked when they see me in social media. I want to be the same here and there and every where...don't you? I don't want to hide behind media. I want to live what I believe and be bold in sharing it.

I don't want to whitewash myself to look like something I am not. I don't want to play church just on Sunday and Wednesday. I want to act, speak, react with a heavenly goal in mind all seven days a week.

Who's with me?   And...if you are shocked at any thing I do, please let me know!!! We are always blind to our own faults.

No comments:

So glad you found me!  Steeped In Purpose has moved to a better location to serve you! www.steepedinpurpose.net You can still find great...