Thursday, July 26, 2012

What Cuts You To The Heart?

Read Acts 2:22
More on the explanation of Pentecost.

Important phrases:
*Jesus was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs
*God did miracles, signs and wonders through Jesus for the people
*Jesus was handed over to you by God’s set purpose and foreknowledge
*Wicked men put Jesus to death on the cross
*God raised him from the dead
*God freed him from the agony of death
*Death could not keep its hold on Jesus

*David said, ”I saw the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will also live in hope, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.” David could see what was ahead and spoke of the resurrection of Christ.

*Jesus received the Holy Spirit from his Father and then Jesus poured it out on people and that is what you now see and hear. Jesus will be at the right hand of the Father till his enemies are at his feet as a footstool. Therefore, God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.

*Peter was a great speaker! When the people heard his explanation, they were cut to the heart and asked Peter what they should do.

*What do you do for Jesus Christ, your Savior? What cuts you to the heart? Next week we see what the people did. We need to adopt their fire for the Jesus and concern for

No comments:

So glad you found me!  Steeped In Purpose has moved to a better location to serve you! www.steepedinpurpose.net You can still find great...